| Golf Car Storage
Preparing your vehicle for long term winter storage is a must for those who store both Electric and Gas golf cars or utility vehicles. Rrefer to your manuals for specific information, however the following is an overview to protect your electric golf car.
1. Charge and fill batteries with water - do not over fill the batteries.
2. Clean batteries- Wash with 1 cup baking soda per 1 gallon of water. Rinse, dry & coat battery terminals with Battery Terminal Protector Spray.
3. Store vehicle in a cool, dry location - Batteries will “self-discharge” at a much slower rate in cooler locations.
4. Inflate tires (electric golf cars 18 to 20 psi). Perform normal lubrication checks.
5. Keep the batteries fully charged during storage - Leave the chargers plugged in during storage. The onboard computer will automatically activate the charger when necessary. The electrolyte (water) and AC power should be checked monthly. If the charger can not remain plugged in or AC power will not be available during extended storage, disconnect the batteries for storage.